14 December 2009

De Post & De Square Cards


I took my Christmas cards to De Post this week. I was lucky enough to have the employee in #5 call my number. He speaks good Engels and as you might guess, that's VERY important to me. I asked how much it would cost to mail my Christmas cards. He immediately confirmed I'd made the critical error of buying SQUARE cards. Naturally, these cost 3x as much to mail as standard envelopes. Well, duh.

Okay, the squares were addressed, I was determined to send them, so I ask "how much?". Reply: 3 euro 15 each. Hmmmm, okay, I can live with that.

I also REALLY wanted to put Belgium postage stamps rather than the printed sticker. So I tell him this. He says my choices are limited to a stamp with ornaments or the King. I went with the ornaments. Surprised, huh.

Of course, the ornament stamps were only worth ,59 Euro so it would take . . . that's right 6 stamps. And yep, you guessed it. Not enough room on the "mistake-of-a-square" envelope for 6 Belgian ornament stamps (assuming you want the address to remain visible). And I did.

Soooo, the nice De Post employee in #5 suggested I put 2 - ,59 Euro Belgian ornament stamps and a sticker for the rest. Brilliant!! Sold!!

This guy actually helped me put 2 stamps on every square envelope and then printed separate stickers for every card.

Thank you. Thank you, De Post employee in #5. You made spending 44 Euro to mail 14 Kerstmis cards totally worth it!

Prettige Feesten!

3 comments:

  1. Way better experience than most of mine:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember from my wedding invites that squares are cute...but always cost more to mail even here...but not THAT much- good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A don't appreciate this prejudice against squares...they are just superior and seems to me some rectangle freaks are just messing with us square folks!

    ReplyDelete