01 December 2009

Ah, Constant Cleaning


has aaaalwaaays been.

Anyway, cleaning is rampant and frankly I'm not amazed so much with the cleaning, but with the pride those who clean take in what they are cleaning. I have missed countless pictures of people cleaning public spaces that they themselves could eat off of. I would eat off these places!

I saw a lady just the other day squeeging the sidewalk in front of her house in dress pants, boots, and pearls! I had my camera, but couldn't bring myself to whip it out right there in front of her.

As Jim was filling his car with gas one day, I watched this attendant take a bucket of soapy water and thoroughly clean a gas pump. He removed each handle, cleaned it, cleaned all around it's cradle, cleaned the hose. . . THEN went back over the entire pump using a bucket of clean water and another rag! He was still working on that one pump when we drove away!

I witnessed this older lady sweeping and picking up the leaves and little trash along the curb in front of her house. Now this may not sound unusual, but she lives on a major thoroughfare. It was the equivalent of using a broom and dustpan along Hwy. 167 in front of Wendy's!

And you may remember Ross mentioning in a previous post about a woman wiping down her garage door - with a sponge! I see this type of cleaning constantly - the squeegying is unbridled.

This guy is using a stiff brush broom and soapy water to scrub down the sidewalk in front of the grocery store. How many times have you seen somebody out scrubbing down the sidewalk with soap, water, bucket, and scrub brush at Super One?


This girl is washing the windows of this store and check out that outfit? I told you everybody here is dressed to the nines no matter what they're doing!


Now that I've got my boots, I've GOT to get a squeegy on a stick.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish it were that clean over here...

    ReplyDelete