10 October 2019

Playing Catch Up

Here she goes again, nearly 4 years into our stint as 'Americans returned'.  We settled into our old lives as if nothing had changed.  Except that it did.

It changed.  A lot.  I'm still floundering in that world of blissful ignorance, while keenly aware that lingering there will only disparage the future.

How often I said to my children "you can be happy or unhappy wherever you are - it is up to you".    

Avoiding the general public is my daily assignment.  Our oasis is just that - a refuge, relief, or pleasant change from what is usual, annoying, difficult...


While time isn't flying by here, it isn't standing still either.  We don't travel like we used to do and I don't take pictures like I used to do.  They typically are a grocery list - box wine and band-aids.  Maybe a broken sprinkler head to remind me what to get on the weekly hardware run.  The trash truck regularly dumping hydraulic oil in front of our house.  Things like that.  

But life is good and sometimes I manage a shot or two.  Or I get great pictures sent to me!  

It's been nearly 3 years since I posted any family photos. I scoured my photos and came up with a few, in no particular order, that make me smile...


Like this one of Ansel on his first day of preschool


Jim finishing up his second violin.  I also took a video of him playing it, but he's convinced he needs a little more practice.  And while I might agree, he's already better than I'd ever be.


Randi looking beautiful and happy on her 36th birthday!


This house-shop was a good move indeed.  He's gotten our money's worth out of that formal living room.


Frazier and Norma Grace looking super cute and excited about their first day of school.


Ross looking very happy with his new car!


Happy 10th birthday, Frazier!


Planing 101.  Along with files, planes are one thing you can never have too many of.


What a great photo, right?
Jim, Ross, & Pop


Hanging out on the deck at Mae Mae and Pop's


Happy 30th birthday, Ross!


Opa sprung for a couple of cowgirl/boy hats at the Canton Flea Market


Spring 2019 birthdays


Enjoying our new pergola


Happy 3rd birthday, Ansel!


Taste testing a Belgian beer brought by Jim's colleague from Genk.  
Cheers, Guido!


Christmas morning at Randi and Josh's beautiful new house!


Christmas dinner at our house


My birthday celebrated at the local vineyard and winery, Enoch's Stomp.
2018


One of the photos we used for our 2018 Christmas card


A nice surprise visit from my brother Tommy and his wife, Marian.


My goodness, I do need to catch up.
Happy birthday, Randi!


A little luau and Frazier entertaining on the ukulele Opa made for him.


Ross and Jim on Father's Day 2018


Trying out the lathe - another word for huge mess :)


It was just too nice to stay inside


I think this was Mother's Day 2018.
Melody, Tommy, Mae Mae, Pop, me and Jim


Yes, definitely Mother's Day 2018


I just like this picture


And this one


And this one :)


Eames enjoying the snow


Ansel, not so much.


This was November 2017 and yes, it actually is brain surgery.


We were lucky to attend Travis and Lauren's wedding in October 2017.
Tommy, Melody, Lauren, Travis, Mary Reid, Jane and Andrew


And while we were in North Carolina for the wedding, we swung by to visit our friends who were in Scotland while we were in Belgium.  Carole and Steve.  It was so nice to see them again.


This is Norma Grace's birthday party in 2017 so she was turning 5!  
She's 4th from the left.


Norma Grace helping Uncle Ross with homemade pizza


Oh wow, this was the previous Mother's Day 2017


Same


I just like this picture


March birthdays again - I think this must have been 2017


Norma Grace's dress helps identify this event - Valentines Day!


Opa brushing up on his Flemish


Back when Norma Grace used to spend Fridays with me :)


Christmas at our house - 2016 I think


Cookie baking - probably 2016

My documentation of life at the Fraziers has got to improve!  I miss seeing all these happy faces in photos and posting them to remember.  And clearly I need to - I can't even keep the year straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment