10 October 2019

Before and After

I do love before and after photos . . . rooms, landscape, hair.  Definitely hair.  

Jim and I relish a home improvement project.  Even redoing something we've already redone if we live there long enough.  When one's done we're on to the next one.  Oh wait, that's mostly me.

Anyway, in nearly 40 years of marriage, we've renovated everything in every house we've ever lived in that we thought needed it.  Never questioning if we could do it.

In 2016 I posted some housing projects we completed very quickly after our December 2015 move to Longview.  So I'm updating with a few of the old and some of the new projects around the house.

The new pergola . . .


Just an idea at this point


Then a good bit of hard work


Voila!


A matching trellis on the other side

 Then I decided to paint all the dark wood trim white . . .


Before


After


Before



After

Carpet is right up there with wallpaper, I really don't like it - so . . . we are finally carpet free!


Disgusting, right?  I don't even want to know what that is.


Of course, removing carpet from the stairs meant completely rebuilding them.


Worth it


Former owner, Big Ed's idea of sealing the stones around the pool was caulk.  And not just a little caulk. He was committed. 


I mean he was filling in 2" gaps with this stuff


Removing all the caulk and the stones and putting them back with concrete was a JOB.  And speaking of job and just for my own record - I hand painted the entire cool deck, then rolled it once alone, then Jim helped me put a third coat on it.  I hope never to do that again.  I know it can't compare to Jim and Ross mixing and pouring concrete and re-setting all those stones!


Worth it

So, I definitely haven't posted every home improvement project and these definitely won't be the last.


No comments:

Post a Comment