12 October 2013

Viaggio su strada in Toscana

Viaggio su strada.  That means "road trip" in Italian . . . and that's what we're on right now!

Making every effort to stay out of the cities, we are exploring the countryside of Toscana (what we call Tuscany) for a few days.  

For those who don't know (like me), Tuscany isn't a city, but one of 20 regions of Italy.  It is nearly centrally located and covers some of the coast of the Ligurian Sea (which eventually becomes the Mediterranean). The major city of this area is Firenze (what we call Florence).  

We were lucky enough to visit Florence a couple of years ago and it is still one of my favorite places.


So far the weather has been really nice and as expected, the countryside is beautiful.  I can't wait to pore over all my pictures, share them on my blog and tell all about our viaggio su strada in Toscana.

No comments:

Post a Comment