22 October 2013

Cruisin' the hills

Leaving the coast, heading inland.


These aquaducts are pretty common . . .


and perfect for framing a photo!


This one was on a side road in a little town we drove through.


Bridge to nowhere.


This is a pomegranate tree in someone's backyard!


I guess I should get out more, but I had never seen a pomegranate tree.


Tuscan hills - after driving these hilly, winding roads - looking and snapping photos, I was a bit carsick and had to take a break.


So we stopped on the side of this road for a rest.  Vineyards and olive groves as far as you can see.


Exactly what we set out to see - Tuscany countryside.


It was grape harvest time, but some of the vines were still full with grapes.


I just love this picture with the olive trees and the Tuscan villa painted the typical yellow.


One of many sunflower fields we saw - some already harvested or like this one, ready for harvest.



No comments:

Post a Comment