28 February 2013

In the Jimp

From time to time I get on the websites for the Ruston, LA and the Jefferson, TX newspapers just to see what's going on, if anything.  

The Jimplecute (Jefferson's weekly publication) is updated online only about once a month, despite the weekly printing.  Recently,  I saw the article below, on the top of the front page as the TOP STORY.  I thought it was amusing and sent it to Ross.

Note:  I left "yesterday" capitalized just as it was in the article. I didn't realize Yesterday is a proper noun. Now I know.



Friday, February 15, 2013 Edition

TOP STORY
_____________________________________________________________________________
BREAKING NEWS

According to Sheriff David McKnight, who is assisting the city of Jefferson Police Department on the investigation of a car jacking in downtown Jefferson, Yesterday, February 14, in the alley behind City Drug, the 1997 PT Cruiser taken during the incident has been recovered.  At this time, there is not a suspect in custody, but investigators are hoping to soon catch the person who mugged/assaulted the owner of the vehicle, who was sent to Marshall hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
_____________________________________________________________________________


I thought the article was pretty funny until I read Ross's comment.  Then I really laughed.  Classic.




No comments:

Post a Comment