13 August 2011

C'est la vie!


Sometimes I ponder. In a bout of pondering, I thought of a phrase I plan to officially coin - if there is such a thing.

More on that later.

So in a recent pondering bout, I pondered how it seems we have a need to justify not only the good things in life, but the not-so-good as well.

We may call it . . .

Fate. Divine intervention. Destiny. The stars aligned. God's will. Kismet. Sh*t happens. Meant to be. C'est la vie!

Do you ever wonder if you're right where you're supposed to be right now?

I can think of some pretty sweet times in my life, very few painful, and zero impossible. We've always felt like we were indeed right where we were supposed to be. No regrets.

When we moved away from our parents for the first time I was 35 years old. We didn't move too far away so they could visit often and we were buying our very first new house. It was great, but it was still difficult for me . . . and my mother!

Nine months later she died. Was that difficult good-bye some kind of preparation for the eventual end? Some might see it that way.

When we moved to Jefferson we moved away from Ross, but were moving closer to Randi and Josh. Bittersweet at the time and who could have predicted we'd end up thousands of miles and an ocean away about the time Frazier came along. Difficult at best, but was that close proximity some kind of preparation for an eventual long separation? Some might see it that way.

Fortunately we figure out a way to celebrate or cope, justify the happy or sad, and life goes on.

But I have to ask myself . . .

Does everything happen for a reason or do we reason everything that happens?

For the record, I'm officially coining that phrase. Now.

"Does everything happen for a reason or do we reason everything that happens?" Karen Frazier

Something to ponder. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment