18 November 2010

Quite possibly the longest day


5:30 am
Brave Mom & toddler wake up in Belgium

+ 1 hr.
Head to the airport

+ 2.5 hrs.
Check in at security

+ 4 hrs.
Flight delayed

+ 6 hrs.
Take off - finally

+ 16 hrs.
Land Stateside

+ 17 hrs.
Pick up bags, go through Customs and make it to gate for connecting flight. In only one hour. In Atlanta. With a toddler. This may be a record.

+ 19 hrs.
Back in the South

+ 20 hrs.
Home

Thank you - Jim, Delta pilots, and Josh for getting two very important people in my world home safely.



2 comments:

  1. I'm the kind of person who, three days before a vacation ends, begins a process of anticipatory grieving over saying goodbye.

    And knowing that Randi and Frazier were there, my heart got heavy almost as quickly as they arrived knowing you all would have to say goodbye again.

    I hope the trip was wonderful and that the time between now and the next time you see them and hug their necks passes ever so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randi, Frazier, and Josh (for your support): Thank y'all for being brave enough to come see us, terrorist copy cartridges and all. Frazier may not be old enough to remember the visit, but we will never forget it. Josh, we'll be glad when you come along next time, and I'll keep testing the Belgium beers so I can best advise you at the time.

    Katie: Karen and I had to limit our trips back to the States because of what you commented. It's just to emotional to leave.

    Thanks to those people that were so nice to Randi and Frazier on the way back, especially the person that helped with Frazier when Randi was sick. I'll never be able to thank them, but I'll try to return the favor to someone else when I have the opportunity.

    Karen: As always, I love your posts. I know I think the same way, but your comment at +19 hrs even makes me laugh. "Back in the South" You know there are a lot of people that consider +17 hrs. (Atlanta), back in the South! And then of course you had Justin Wilson who would tell a story about traveling up North, way up around Shreveport!

    ReplyDelete