27 November 2010

Füssen


Blue skies! This was actually a rarity on most of this trip.
It is November, though.

As we were driving to Füssen, Germany, we decided to make a stop here.

Feldkirch, Austria


We also decided to go to the microstate of Liechtenstein (population 35,000).

It is 61 sq. miles (smaller than Washington D.C.) and supposedly has the highest gross domestic product per person in the world.

Liechtenstein

Füssen (population 14,000) is in Bavaria (Germany) only 3 miles from the Austrian border.
When we arrived it was dark . . .

since at this time of year there are only about 8 or 9 hours of daylight.

This made me laugh.

This restaurant has all these tables and chairs set up for dinner guests. I can't imagine they had any takers. It was zero degrees Celsius.

We woke up the next morning to snow!


And completely unrelated to Füssen, Germany . . . but on my mind - today, November 27 would have been my mother's 80th birthday. When my Daddy turned 80 years old we had a wonderful family celebration and I am very grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment