23 March 2010

De groove


After our little trip abroad, I'm trying desperately to get back in de groove, but I will admit it isn't easy. And BTW, did you know that Europeans consider going to another country within Europe "traveling abroad"? That's like when we go from Ruston to Longview - AKA a trip abroad.

Anyway, back to de groove and it isn't easy, and all that. I guess I may be feeling a little sorry for myself at once again being 8,000 kilos from home. You metricists will appreciate that since you know that is WAY more than 5,000 miles.

Yes, I'm back contemplating ironing my sheets and asking the dog what he thinks of my outfit.

We returned to our Flemish classes. Naturally, we forgot everything we didn't even know before. I'm not even sure how to say "I am Kadden" anymore.

I know, I know, it will just take a little time. After all, time heals all wounds, right? I mean, you take a serious gash, slap a little Neosporin on it, cover with a Band-Aid, and in no time it's all better.

Soooo, maybe I just need a little Neosporin and a Band-Aid. Or maybe I just need some time.

I know it's crazy. The dog doesn't know anything about fashion trends. And in no time, everything will be back to "normal".

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to here you were able to go back home and visit your family for a while. I will have to wait until June to see some of my family from back home. I understand what you mean. Talking to the dog and all. I enjoy reading your posts.

    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. After we come back from PA I feel very slow and sleepy...it is sadness. I just go into a funk. I had it after my parents left after Christmas...you wait and wait and bam it is over and it just takes it out of you and it does take time to bounce back.
    Being so far from your moorings must be much tougher.

    ReplyDelete