28 March 2013

Chocolade Postzegels

As you know, Belgium is famous for waffles and beer, but also for chocolate.

I learned recently that the postal service was to produce chocolate postage stamps (thanks, Ross) and naturally, I knew I was going to need some of these.  

They finally went on sale this week and I expected to go to my local P.O. and wait it line . . . well, that's a 'given' because there is always a line to wait in - anywhere I go.  

Anyway, I got online to determine how many stamps per pack, how much it would cost, etc.

I was disappointed to learn they aren't even available in Hasselt - only in 2 Belgian cities an hour away :-\ 

But they are for sale online so . . . that was way too easy.  

So they arrived yesterday!


They do smell and taste a bit like chocolate, but mostly they're just fun.  They're also international so I've got some letters to write!

If you're interested, here's a short video on how they made the stamps.  It's in English, of course :)




No comments:

Post a Comment