07 August 2015

Summer Pictures

It's been a pretty lazy summer for us - not so much going on, but here are a few photos I've taken with my fancy new phone.


These are turnip greens I grew from seeds.  They are supposed to be for Jim to eat, but something else is enjoying them too.



Turnips.  We can only buy turnips here, not greens.  I guess they are just thrown out?



Jim and Ross working on a project for holding his leather in place while he stitches.



The finished product!



It's that time of year here when there are roadside stands selling fresh-picked cherries.



We bought this, our first watermelon of the year, at a fruit stand near Ross's apartment.  It was delicious and definitely worth the 19 euros we paid for it.  Yes!  Watermelons are expensive.



Here's where I spend most of my time - working in the garden.  Everything grows so well here with a sunny day followed by a couple of overcast days, followed by a couple of rainy days and it so rarely gets really hot.  



I'm so proud of all my flowers.  There, on the left, you can also see a couple of the apples on our apple tree.



On those rainy days I sometimes like to experiment with my hair.  I'm done with hair dye!  Maybe.  I found this new-to-me product called color remover.  I've applied it about 4 times now (that photo is my "test strand") and although my hair feels like pine straw, it's definitely lighter. I've now moved on to bleach and still have all my hair.  More on that another day!



Also this summer  . . . I can hardly believe - Frazier turned 6 years old!  What a sweetheart.  
Happy birthday, Frazier!



And here's an adorable picture of Norma Grace in a beautiful dress from Aunt Becky :)

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment