04 May 2015

In Full Bloom

Last weekend we went for a walk around our neighborhood and took these photos of all the trees in bloom.


First, this is our own little apple tree.  It is completely loaded with blooms.  I fear there is no way these tiny branches could possibly hold this many apples!


This photo really doesn't do this white tulip tree justice.  As you can see, this house has a really tall hedge :-/


I have no idea what the rest of these are, but they are definitely all beautiful.








The orchards in and around Hasselt are also beautiful right now.  Cherries, apples and pears are big business here.


Last, but not least, this is rhubarb.  Although I've eaten desserts with rhubarb, I've never eaten it raw.  Here in Belgium, they dip the raw stalks in sugar.  I'm going to buy some and try that today.  

I also "googled" things to do with rhubarb and learned it's good for cleaning pots and pans.  It's also good for coloring hair.  What?!  How have I not heard of this?!  I swear I am NOT going to try that today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment