07 April 2015

March Wind, April Showers . . .

The weather is taking a turn for the better!  I've learned, if nothing else, the weather is very predictable here. There's a school holiday each year at the beginning of Spring called the Krokus Vakantie.  I swear, the day before the school vacation starts, the crocus bloom in the park.  Unbelievable predictability.  Same with the last frost, etc, etc.  When the weather guy says winter is over, it's over.

This past Easter weekend, it was still winter.  Jim and I walked downtown for coffee and nearly froze.  I wore only a coat - no scarf or gloves or hat and I wished I'd had all three.  But today, the sun will not just come up, it will shine, and by Friday, it is supposed to shine all day.

The days are getting longer too.  It still amazes me how quickly it does that.  By June, we'll be down to less than 6 hours of darkness.  I could mow the grass at 10:30 at night - if I were so inclined!

Ross was off work on Easter Monday so he came to Hasselt for a visit.  We dyed eggs and made a trip to the plant nursery.  It's still a bit early for summer flowers, but I got a few plants to brighten our patio pots for now.  Jim slipped down to the kelder to work on his second violin for a bit.

My Spring flowers.


Our Easter eggs.


Easter at the Andersons.

Last, we took Ross out for dinner to celebrate his 26th birthday.  Jim made a cheesecake and we had champagne.


Happy birthday, Ross!

I'm headed out to plant those flowers!  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment