23 April 2013

Sushirama

Last weekend we went out for sushi.  It was a lot of fun, but I always have a hard time finding something on the menu because I don't want to eat raw fish.  Of course that's the whole point of sushi, but not for me.

So I go with the veggie just to be safe.  It was really good despite each piece being nearly too big to fit in my mouth.

Sushi is Japanese and usually consists of vinegared rice and raw meat or seafood.  Important note when looking at a sushi menu - raw meat served by itself is sashimi.  You've probably heard of a California Roll even if you don't know a thing about sushi.  It's not actually Japanese, it's American, of course!

We decided we could do just as well or better than the restaurant and I think we did.



The sticky rice is very sticky, but a little water on the fingers helps a lot.  We filled them with cucumber, carrot, green onion and either smoked salmon or fried shrimp.


Those sheets are called nori and are actually a type of algae!


They definitely ended up nearly too big for my mouth again, but they were really good too. That looks like a lot (and it was), but we ate every one!


Make your own sushi - I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment