04 April 2013

Badpak Winkelen

A week or so ago I went shopping (winkelen) for a swimsuit (badpak).  That alone is cruel and unusual punishment for anyone . . . but especially us over-the-hill, super-white, not-as-thin-as-we'd-like-to-be's.

But despite the torturous fluorescent glow and the floor-to-ceiling image destroyer, I came home with a badpak.  One piece and black, of course.

Since I will eventually wear this thing out of the house, I figured I may need to work on my winter stockpile - aka kilo overkill.  So naturally we ordered pizza, went out for Mexican, and drank margaritas in preparation for the eventual fast.  

I'm keeping my expectations low.  Trust me, this always works.

Luckily, I've got some help in the form of a free sample I got this week.  I went to buy nail polish and first of all, I was shocked to pay 14.75 euro for OPI nail polish (that would be $19/ridiculous).  Please tell me this is not how much OPI costs in the States!  

So, as part of my rip-off bonus, I got this free sample of Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil.

  
Instructions: Apply to body working from the ankles up to the thighs and the hands toward the shoulders.


I figure it'd take about 3 of these samples to fill up this Tbs. and I don't know about you, but my kankles alone would use that up.

But for a mere 42 euro ($54), I can get the regular size bottle holding almost 7 tablespoons.  

So . . . that's about one application . . . and I'd need to do this every day . . . hmmm.  Yep, considering developing a German attitude - being beyond satisfied with my body despite the negative affects on those around me.

I'll let you know how firm and toned my kankles are though.

No comments:

Post a Comment