16 December 2012

Another birthday...

and thank goodness!  I am grateful for every one, of course.  With sweet, thoughtful gifts and special good wishes from my family and friends, it was not only a nice birthday, it was a nice birthday weekend. 

Pizza, bowling, tacos, champagne, chatting online, cards, emails, texts . . .  

Jim bought a gift for me and had a funny story to tell about the gift wrapping.  For those of you who know me, you will appreciate this.

When he asked the clerk if she could wrap the gift, she asked if it was Christmas.  He said "no, it's a birthday".  She promptly got out this cute gift wrap . . .


then she said "you said it was birthday?" and he said "yes".


So she attached the sparkly ribbon with this sticker.  It reads "Happy Birthday" in Dutch.  Voila!  What once looked like a Christmas present - instantly transformed into birthday :)


Randi sent a gift wrapped in this :)

I do wish my family could have been here to celebrate, but we've learned to celebrate together when we can since we are many miles apart now.  I look forward to that next celebration!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you're right. Those of us who know and love you would never use that wrap. However, as we stack up the years, we tend to be more tollerable of such. Glad you had a happy day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete