08 June 2012

Venezia - Take Two

I said to Jim . . . I know it sounds crazy, but I would like to take Randi and fam to Venice.

He said . . . let's do it!

And that's just what we did.

Jim and I really loved Venice.  Maybe more than any other place we've been.


We decided to take the vaporetto this time and it was great!  


It was a perfect way to see another view of the Grand Canal.


Front row seat


You can snap a photo every few seconds . . .


and it looks like something out of a magazine - in my opinion.


We had lunch at a restaurant where the owner was an American from Texas.  What a coincidence.  She married an Italian and has been in Venice for 27 years.  We enjoyed her restaurant.  The food was really good. This is Jim's dish of cuttlefish.  Braver than me - I had a hamburger :)


There were at least twice as many tourists this time than there was only a few weeks before.


In San Marco Square


With over 350 bridges throughout Venice, this was a regular thing.  Sometimes we had him walk and one time he wasn't too happy about it.


Decisions, decisions.


Did I mention we ate a lot of gelato?


It is all too easy to get lost in Venice.  Me and Frazier just stayed out of the way.


We always make fun of these vendors selling stupid stuff like these jelly-like things that "splat" when thrown on a hard surface.  I couldn't believe Jim was willing to buy one.  I guess grandchildren will make you do that. The guy initially wanted 8 Euro!  Jim jewed him down  bargained with him.

Jew down - I'm sure that is a terribly racist remark.  I think we got those 2 things in Jim's hand for 4 Euro.


I just love this photo and the next.


They are what is so unique about Venice.


No fear! And I mean from the pigeons.


These pigeons are very comfortable with tourists.


I just like this photo :)


One of the many leaning towers throughout Italy.


We ventured out after dark and everything looked so different . . .


and beautiful.


Ciao


Back to Belgium!

2 comments:

  1. Ack...the pigeons! I feel Randi's pain. Her face is priceless.

    My dad uses the term "jew them down" all the time. I don't even think he knows what he's saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your pictures are amazing. I too love the one you have as your blog title pic. You could work for National Geographic...no joke. I love the one where Randi, Jim, and Josh are talking and Fraz is off by himself pondering....just wonder what he was thinking. Maybe thinking..."I wonder if birds like gelato as much as I do?" Randi told us today she LOVED Venice.

    ReplyDelete