17 June 2012

Hanging out in Hasselt

As I've mentioned, our house is full of staircases.  Not the kind where you might break your arm or ankle, but the kind where you could potentially break your neck if you fell. Especially given the plaster/concrete walls that would eventually break your fall.

I've worried every time Frazier came to visit that he'd fall.  I'd insist on keeping him downstairs as much as possible and insist on locking him inside the bedroom so he couldn't accidentally venture out, etc. Yes, I am a "what if" person and I like to cover all the possible as well as impossible bases.  It's just what I do.

Well, this time he went up and down and up and down, all by himself, without incident.  Even in the Spiderman slippers which I had forbidden, but we still managed to miss.  

Thank goodness!  He is an amazing climber so I wasn't surprised :)  But still grateful.


Nearly every time we were out and about, Frazier would say " I want to go back to Oma and Opa's house".  I mean even when we were in Venice or Paris or London!

Frazier has seen more of Europe than most adults.  Hopefully he will remember a thing or two from the photos.  Anyway, I don't know if our house will always have that same appeal :)

It wasn't quite like his own playroom, but he enjoyed the few things we had for him.  I think his favorite toy was that coffee can in the bottom right corner.


A visit from our neighbors - Pieter and Annemie.


A walk/bike ride in the park near our house.  

I have to say this . . . the weather was so nice in Belgium while they were here.  See that sun?  And no jacket?  No umbrella?


A visit to the kinderboerderij . . .


also known as a "petting zoo".


Schaap


Dinner with our neighbors - Bert (barely tolerating the photo shoot), Annemie, me, Jim, Pieter, Josh, Frazier and Randi.  


The time goes by too fast.  It always does.


No comments:

Post a Comment