10 May 2012

One Thousand Days


1000 Awesome Things is a book written by Neil Pasricha.  I've never read it, but I read a few of the things Neil thinks are awesome and I agree . . . like

Driving by the house you grew up in.
Someone picking you up at the airport.
The other side of the pillow.

Thousand Day Promise is a drama written by Kim Soo-huyn about a woman who is losing her memory and the loving man who stands by her side.  I've never read it, but I may one day.

Anne of a Thousand Days is a 1969 movie about Henry VIII of England, his second wife, Anne Boleyn and their thousand days together before her eventual beheading in 1536.  I've never seen the movie, but it's history so maybe I will some day.

The 1,000 Days Partnership promotes action for improved nutrition for mothers and children in the first 1,000 days between a woman's pregnancy and her child's 2nd birthday.  Their mission is to help break the cycle of poverty.  

We are approaching our 1000th day in Belgium.  That's 2 years, 8 months, 27 days. It has changed our lives completely and it seems like a milestone of some sort, I guess.

I've had a link for a fundraising website for Kelli Richmond on my blog for a couple of months now. We felt blessed to share in her hope.

About a thousand days ago her life changed completely too.

And on Tuesday, the first of May, her family said goodbye to her and began a journey that will last far more than a thousand days.

The website link will come off, but before it does . . . if you haven't clicked on "Read More", I wish you would.

Even if you didn't know Kelli, her blog and this newspaper article will make you wish you had.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment