08 August 2009

Never been to Europe before...

Our first trip to Europe was to decide if we thought we could move there. Turns out we could. That was May.

Some observations made on that trip:
1. stylish eyeglasses are mandatory
2. autos are small and standard shift
3. must be able to parallel park in a space no bigger than a king sized bed
4. must love coffee - got that down
5. must love beer - working on that one
6. Americans really are the only people who speak just one language
7. dogs are welcome in restaurants
8. having learned metrics in grade school would be handy
9. no AC
10. need to learn Dutch

Jim is a full fledged "American in Belgie" and I will be soon. His departure was very difficult and I am anxious about mine on Friday, August 21. Ross is accompanying me so there is some comfort in not having to say goodbye to him yet. I don't even want to talk about saying goodbye to the rest.

Sounds exciting ... and it will be. Opportunity of a lifetime ... and it is. May be the hardest thing I've done up to now ... it may in fact be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you're blogging! I think you'll really enjoy it...and we'll love it for sure! I'm very impressed so far!! Your calendar for Jefferson visits and the Belgian phrases are great!!

    ReplyDelete