04 January 2015

Edinboro


We spent a couple of days in Edinburgh (pronounced Edinboro for whatever reason and by everyone but me).    



We stayed in a nice old hotel called The Scotsman.



I took this photo because it is quintessential Scotland with it's buildings of sandstone and granite.  I think it's beautiful. 



I did a little Christmas shopping and I thought this massive tree in a famous store called Jenner's was so pretty.



Since the holidays lighting was covering these beautiful railings, I got this photo from the internet.  Jenner's has been in this same spot since 1838.



We decided to have lunch at this famous little cafe' where, supposedly, J. K. Rowling used to sit and write some of her Harry Potter books.  Whether she did or not, they are definitely capitalizing on it.



It was a cute little place and the food was good too.  That's me, Becky, Faith, Elaine and Carole.



Faith took me on my first trip to a Build-a-Bear store.  I went just to see what it was like, but . . . 



of course, I couldn't resist buying Rudolph for Frazier . . .



and Clarice for Norma Grace!

These are in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer.



I just liked this photo of the rowhouses - every one just a little different.


No comments:

Post a Comment