12 February 2014

Worth the wait



The crocus are blooming about a month or more too soon this year.  

The weather here is always a subject of conversation - mostly in the way of complaining.  Admittedly, I wasn't sure just how much I could take of it either.  I was certain that grey was the national color of Belgium . . . until this year.

This year has, by far, been the best weather year since our arrival.  I haven't seen this much sun in nearly five years! The summer was outstanding and the winter (so far) has been more like spring. Now, don't get me wrong . . . it's not tropical by far, but February temperatures of lows at 4C and highs of 7C (that's 40F and 45F for us Americans :) is unusual.  Plus the added bonus of sun nearly every day.  
  
Apparently it really is unusual.  I read in our local paper that this winter is headed toward setting a record for the warmest winter ever!  I'm just glad we are here to witness it.

What will these Belgians (and me) bitch about now?

No comments:

Post a Comment