19 August 2012

Turning 30


I don't really remember turning 30.  There are no photos or blog posts of it.  I'm sure we had cake.  Probably from Traina's.  Decorated in red and green :)  I know we were living in Ruston.  In a house on West Kentucky Avenue.  We'd been married exactly 10 years.  

Randi was 7 and spent her days at A.E. Phillips. Ross was 1 and 1/2 and spent half days with my parents.  I worked part time as a secretary for the Soil Conservation Service and Jim worked at the Woodsmith in Homer.

That seems like a lifetime ago.

Life was good.  

And it still is.

Today, our son-in-law of exactly 6 years 11 months will turn 30.  I hope there will be a cake and some photos so in 20+ years he can recall it just as it was.

But mostly, I hope he has the good fortune to recall that . . .

Life was good.

And that  . . .

it still is.


Happy birthday, Josh.  It may be later than sooner, but we're looking forward to taking you for one of those Kwak's pictured in my blog header photo!  

No comments:

Post a Comment