17 November 2011

Arrivederci Roma



As we walked back to our hotel in Rome, I took this photo down one of the narrow streets. No editing on it either. The sky really looked just like that.

The next day we headed to Termini Metro Station to give my wallet away, then we took the bus to the airport.


I love taking pictures from the airplane. I can only take a few despite taking the dramamine. It may be hard to tell, but this is the coastline. Blue sky at the top, then clouds, then ocean, then land at the bottom.


This map of the Alps shows about what a flight path might look like "as the crow flies" from Rome (bottom center) to Brussels (top left). It crosses over the island of Corsica, then over the Alps where they meet the Mediterranean Sea.


We assumed this could be a land mass, but don't know for sure. The airspace here was incredibly busy. Do you see the plane in the far left of the photo?


Then another plane flew right underneath us!


It was obvious when we began to fly over the Alps.


This plane flew along beside us for a while.


Soon after I saw this plane.


And then immediately, another one flying in the opposite direction. I really can't believe I got a shot of this.


The sun was really pretty on the open ocean.


I thought this looked beautiful with the sun glowing through the clouds.


We did throw coins in the Trevi Fountain to ensure a return visit to Rome. And once the "wallet incident" fades . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment