11 May 2015

Mother's Day

I had a really nice Mother's Day weekend and I hope all you Moms out there did too.


Mine started with this beautiful bouquet from Ross with a sweet card that made me cry because that's what I do :)  


Then Ross arrived in Hasselt for the weekend and had the idea of visiting the Paul Smith exhibit at the museum here.  This fashion museum is one of the "attractions" in Hasselt and we've never even visited it before!



As you may know, Paul Smith is a designer from London.  He's pretty famous over here.  I'd actually never heard of him before moving to Europe.  You can probably guess that he's known for his signature stripes.  By the way, that is an actual Mini Cooper.



This wall of art is from his personal collection.



Paul's office!



Us in front of the button wall.



The button wall.  I love this.  I don't know that little boy - he is just in my picture.



On Sunday, we headed to Brussels for this event.



It was a nice day - a little chilly, but only partly cloudy!  We didn't find anything we really wanted to eat at the food truck event.  

And by "we", I mean Jim and Ross.  I actually wanted a bagel because they aren't very common here . . . but we moved on and decided to find a restaurant.

As we were walking, I spotted an empty table on a sunny terrace.  Those two things happen once in a million - empty table/sunny terrace so I grabbed it having no idea what sort of restaurant it was.

Turned out, they served bagels :)



They were delicious!



Then on to Ross's apartment for a chat with Randi and Mae Mae!  There we are down in the right hand corner.

It was a very, very nice weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment